Six Ways Legal Recruiters Can Stand Out in 2022
January 3, 2022
In a crowded and competitive market, it’s important for legal recruiters to stand out. Here are a few ways recruiters can do just that in the new year and find more success.
- Build relationships every day. Relationships are the cornerstone of business success – especially for recruiters. You never know who will be a potential client or a referral source, so cultivate relationships every day, whether in person or online.
- Invest in marketing yourself. As a recruiter, there is no better investment you can make than in yourself, so make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date, submit to speak at conferences, hire a PR agency to obtain media placements for you, perhaps launch a podcast or a blog – there are so many things you can do to stay top of mind and visible with your target audience. Just do it and be consistent.
- Use legal market intelligence more effectively. Good data is so important to what legal recruiters do – in terms of sourcing candidates and legal market data. Make sure you have the most accurate and updated data at your fingertips. Leopard Solutions suite of products enables legal recruiters to find law firm data, open jobs, candidates and more – in just a few clicks.
- Set your candidates up for greater success. Preparing your candidates before, during and after the interview process is one of the smartest things you can do to be a successful recruiter. Especially once they accept the job. If you can become a trusted advisor to them and be someone they can call on for advice and counsel, they will likely refer other friends to you as well as come back to you when they are looking for their next role.
- Be creative about how to find candidates. In today’s world, candidates don’t necessarily need to come from another similar law firm. Look outside the industry and outside of the geographic regions to find talent. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find.
- Stay top of mind with firms through helpful content. A periodic e-newsletter is one of the best ways to brand yourself and stay visible with clients and prospects. You can do this once a week, bi-weekly or monthly – just make sure the content is client-centric, helpful and not all about you or your organization.
Find out how Leopard Solutions’ suite of products can help legal recruiters stay up-to-date on hiring trends.