Leopard Solutions Webinar: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Legal Industry: How Are Law Firms Really Doing When it Comes to Diversity?
September 28, 2021 @ 12:30 pm
Event Type: Webinar
Join us for a webinar on September 28 exploring diversity, equity and inclusion issues in the legal industry and where law firms are today when it comes to diverse hiring and retention.
Despite efforts by law firms to embrace diversity initiatives and hiring efforts, bias in the profession continues and overall, women and people of color have continued to make incremental progress in representation at major U.S. law firms according to our data.
Join Leopard Solutions on September 28 at 12:30pm for an important webinar where we will explore:
- How law firms are doing with recruiting and retaining diverse lawyers
- How law firms can better recruit and retain diverse lawyers
- Overcoming implicit and explicit bias
- COVID-19’s impact on retention and advancement of diverse attorneys
- How small and mid-size firms without big budgets for DEI can still foster an environment of inclusivity
- The client perspective on DEI in their outside law firms
- How diverse candidates can successfully navigate the interview process from beginning to end and maximize employment opportunities.
- Alexis Robertson, Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Foley & Lardner LLP
- Dennis Garcia, Assistant General Counsel at Microsoft
- Tahisha Fugate, Senior Manager of DEI Client Development at Orrick
- Laura Leopard, Founder and CEO of Leopard Solutions
- Merle Vaughn, Law Firm Diversity Practice Leader/Partner Practice Group at Major Lindsey & Africa