The Great Resignation and the Great Retention – A Review of the 2021 Booming Legal Hiring Market and Predictions of What’s to Come in 2022
December 7, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
Event Type: Webinar
2021 was unprecedented in countless ways. Leopard Solutions’ research shows the demand for lawyers at all levels reaching an all-time high in 2021 as law firms across the nation expanded attorney job searches to make up for the slow growth they experienced last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The increase in demand for lawyers has also made it more challenging for law firms to compete for qualified candidates and retain their legal talent.
Attracting, engaging and retaining the people you need to drive growth will be critical to your firm’s success in 2022 and beyond. But where to start?
Leopard Solutions hosted a webinar with industry experts to describe insights on how the legal industry fared in the recruiting and retention of lawyers, and meeting the demand of clients and where firms and recruiters can go from here. We discussed:
- The challenges and opportunities for law firms, legal recruiters and candidates in the current booming environment
- How to source and compete for candidates at all levels in a competitive market
- How law firms can better retain their people
- What can law firms expect in 2022 when it comes to legal recruiting and retention
- Michael Allen, CEO and Founder of Lateral Link
- Ralph Allen, Chief Operating Officer at Stroock
- Amber Carter, Pathway and Recruitment Innovation Manager, Diversity Lab
- Laura Hertzog, Chief Legal Officer at Noodle
- David Lat, lawyer, author and legal commentator (and original founder of Above the Law)
- Laura Leopard, Founder and CEO of Leopard Solutions
- Stefanie Marrone, Founder of Stefanie Marrone Consulting and 20-year legal marketer (Stefanie worked at Paul Weiss, Sullivan & Cromwell, Proskauer, Mayer Brown, Morrison & Foerster and Tarter Krinsky & Drogin)
- David Rose, Member of the Executive Committee and Litigation Partner at Pryor Cashman