Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Legal Industry: How Are Law Firms Doing When it Comes to Diversity?
September 15, 2022 @ 1:00 pm
Event Type: Webinar
Join us for a webinar on September 15 at 1 pm ET exploring diversity, equity, and inclusion issues in the legal industry and how law firms of all sizes are doing in their diversity hiring and retention efforts.
Despite efforts by law firms to embrace diversity initiatives and hiring efforts, bias in the profession continues, and overall, women and people of color have continued to make incremental progress in representation at major U.S. law firms, according to our data.
We will explore:
- How law firms are doing with recruiting and retaining diverse lawyers
- How law firms can better recruit and retain diverse lawyers
- Overcoming implicit and explicit bias
- COVID-19’s impact on retention and advancement of diverse attorneys
- How small and mid-size firms without big budgets for DEI can still foster an environment of inclusivity
- The client perspective on DEI in their outside law firms
- How diverse candidates can successfully navigate the interview process from beginning to end and maximize employment opportunities
- Laura Leopard, CEO and Founder of Leopard Solutions
- Leila Hock, Chief Growth Officer, Diversity Lab
- Stefanie Marrone, outsourced law firm CMO