Video Conferencing Can Improve Your Law Firm Hiring Process
Video conferencing is poised to change the way law firms do business and how they interact with job candidates. Distance is no longer a major issue when law firms leverage video conferencing technology effectively. Let’s take a look at how law firms can improve hiring processes with video conferencing.
- Video Interviews. Law firms considering job candidates in another city or another state can easily conduct interviews via video conferencing platforms, such as Skype or Google Hangouts. Using these platforms enables firms to have multiple panelists participate in the interview, even if some of the panelists are located in other office locations. Video conferencing with candidates from out-of-state or another city can also save travel costs such as airfare and hotel expenses.
- Video Training. If you’re onboarding new employees that are working in different offices, using video conference technology can simplify the logistics involved in training, such as possible travel issues. Have your trainer live-stream their training sessions so that new hires can watch and interact even if they’re not in the same room or location.
- Video Team Meetings. Video conferencing makes it easy to establish and maintain team cohesion and good communication, even if members of your team are located in other offices. New hires can easily meet all staff members no matter where they’re located. If you’re onboarding new hires and can’t find the time to have an in-person team meeting, consider cost-effective and timesaving video conferencing technology.
For law firms with multiple offices, video conferencing offers a convenient and inexpensive way to interview job candidates, onboard new hires, and introduce new employees to the entire team.
A few great basic video conferencing services are:
- Skype: Skype for Business lets you collaborate with anyone, anywhere, on any device, with the security and control of Microsoft.
- Google Hangouts: Hangouts brings conversations to life free video or voice calls, with one person or a group. Connect with your colleagues across computers, Android, and Apple devices.
- Zoom: Zoom is a web conferencing solution. Zoom has a plethora of features: hosting online meetings and video conferences, scheduling webinars, questionnaires within meetings, and much more.
- Go-to Meeting: GoToMeeting is a web-hosted service created and marketed by LogMeIn. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time.