Twitter is a fast growing phenomenon that might prove beneficial to recruiters who properly use the tool. With millions of highly educated users, Twitter can be a recruiters dream; but there are some things you must do to be effective:
1. Create a profile that matches your company's overall brand. Treat twitter as an extension of your company's website and image.
2. Designate a "Twitter person" or set aside time to "tweet." This can be time-consuming so make sure you create defined actions for the time you're spending on Twitter. Twitter can be a highly addictive time-waster so proceed with caution.
3. Decide how you want to use Twitter. Do you want to use it primarily for job postings, finding/following potential candidates or connecting to clients? You don't need to use Twitter for just one purpose you can definitely use Twitter for multiple purposes. Just make sure you define why you're tweeting and try to remain focused on those goals.
4. Follow others. Remember, Twitter is still a social network, so you want to follow as well as be followed on Twitter. To find those who might be most appropriate for you to follow use www.search.twitter.com. You can enter appropriate keywords to find others who are tweeting using the same keywords. For example: If you want to find people talking about "intellectual property," search twitter using the keywords "intellectual property" and any other words related to the subject.
5. Tweet often; but never spam. You want to tweet at least once a day; but only tweet about things that will interest your followers and never overdo it.
Do you TWITTER? Follow us! You will now see TWITTER UPDATES on our home page and user home pages. Click to join Twitter and to follow us at Leopard Solutions. We will only share timely news and important information with you - following the guidelines suggested above! Just click on the 'follow me on twitter' link or the Twitter Logo above!